Looking for a healthy side dish to accompany a meal? This crunchy coleslaw recipe is amazing and healthy (made without mayo!). Don't let the amount of ingredients fool you, it's actually very simple to make. It's also allergy friendly since its gluten free, dairy free and egg free.
- 2 cups heaping chilled cabbage, ideally, some green and some purple, shredded thin
- 1 tart or sweet apple, peeled, julienned or sliced thin
- 1 small carrot, julienned or sliced thin
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cups golden raisins or dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1 tablespoons champagne vinegar or apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 1 teaspoons organic raw agave nectar, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoons dill
- Small pinch of cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Toss the shredded cabbage, apple, carrot, red onion and golden raisins (or cranberries) into a large bowl and stir to mix.
- Drizzle with the olive oil (enough to coat, but don't drown it). Sprinkle with vinegar, agave nectar, caraway, dill, cumin, sea salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to coat.
- Taste test – adjust oil, vinegar, seasonings as needed, and then serve.
You can stalk me here:
Leann Forst is a happily married wife, mother of 2 wonderful children, board certified holistic health practitioner, author, speaker, medical researcher and health education advocate.
After her son became chronically sick with asthma at the age of 2, she refused to accept the notion presented by conventional doctors that her son would live his life on medication. She began her quest to learn everything she could about health and disease. She now makes it her life’s mission to share information about how nearly all diseases can be reversed by diet and lifestyle. Leann speaks frequently at schools, hospitals, organizations and on radio shows. She is also a principal at Groovy Beets Wellness Company, providing individual and group health coaching. Leann has authored 2 books: “100 Ways to Lose Weight” and “How to Get Your Kids to Beg for Veggies”, both available on Amazon.