Contrary to popular belief – and what the Taco Bell commercials show us – tacos don’t have to be loaded with unhealthy items, such as cheese and sour cream. This gluten-free tilapia taco recipe is delicious, as well as dairy-free.
Gluten Free Tilapia Tacos
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 6 tilapia fillets (4-6 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 avocados
- Lime wedges and cilantro, for serving
- Combine the ground cumin with the salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush the tilapia fillets on both sides with the olive oil. Sprinkle the cumin seasoning mixture on both sides of each fillet.
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat until hot (spray with on-stick cooking spray unless using non-stick pan). Add the tilapia and let cook without moving for 2 minutes; flip and cook on the other side for 2 more minutes or until the fish is cooked through and starts to flake.
- When done, flake the fish into a serving bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Heat the tortillas and serve. Let everyone make their own by adding a small handful of cabbage and avocado to each tortilla, topping with some fish and then salsa. Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and more cilantro if desired.
- Fold the tortilla over and enjoy!
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.