Golden Rules to Getting Your Groove Back
- Eat a rainbow of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans and legumes that are in season. The best vegetable and juice is green as they are higher in nutrient content and naturally cleanse your blood of toxins.
- Eat complex carbohydrates like sweet potato and gluten free whole grains such as amaranth, quinoa, buckwheat, gluten free oats, millet, wild rice, sorghum, and corn. Limit simple carbohydrates like white rice, bread, pasta as well as sugar.
- Drink plenty of alkalized/ionized water – at least half your body weight in ounces. Drink more if you are exercising, detoxifying or taking medication.
- Portions – Fill half your plate with vegetables and fruits and split the remaining half with a high quality protein and complex carb.
- Eat healthy fats from healthy oils such as olive, coconut, hemp or flax. Include avocados, seeds and nuts.
- Red meat and other animal products should be organic which are lower in calories, contain more nutrients, and contain more conjugated linoleic acid which provides defense against disease.
- Avoid pork which can create toxins in your body and is hard to digest.
- Limit processed foods which is anything that is in a box, can or bag. This includes fast food.
- Limit dairy consumption – use non-dairy alternatives such as rice, almond, oat, hemp, flax or coconut products (milk, butter, yogurt, ice cream)
- Avoid anything artificial – sweeteners, preservatives (nitrates, nitrites and sulfites), MSG, artificial colors, hydrogenated oil and high fructose corn syrup.
- Limit caffeine and alcohol.
- Never use corn or vegetable oil for cooking as heating them creates toxins and inflammation.
- Avoid fried foods, which also create toxins in the body.
- Quit smoking
- Get plenty of sleep
- Do not eat after 8 pm
- Engage in physical activity for at least 30 minutes, 4 times per week.
- Engage in stress reducing activities such as stretching, yoga, meditation, relaxation.
TIP: Start with one or two of these a week, then add in more as your master them. Once you have mastered all of them, you will experience your GROOVIEST health!