Breakfast can be one of the more difficult meals when you’re trying to eat healthy. Between the time constraints and all of the easy unhealthy choices out there, it’s just so simple to grab a donut or muffin.
Don’t do it. Here is an easy mushroom omelet recipe that I love. If you want to add some cheese, go nuts, but I wanted to make this dairy-free for some of my clients.
Mushroom Omelet Recipe
- 8 large organic eggs
- 3/4 pounds mushrooms
- 1/3 cups coconut milk
- 4 green onions
- 5 tablespoons fresh herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the butter and oil. Add the mushrooms and green onions and cook over medium-high heat until the mushrooms are browned. Add the salt and pepper and mix.
- Beat the eggs with 3 tablespoons of the herbs and the milk. Pour over the mushrooms, sprinkle with the cheese and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Remove and let sit for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining herbs and serve immediately.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.