Can an Essential oil build your Immune System?
Yes! Oregano has been used for centuries as one of many herbs and plants to help keep our immune system strong. The Ancient Greeks had many uses for it, but it was common to use it in their food or chew it for its many health benefits.
Oregano oil is also an incredible oil for antioxidant support. Antioxidants are compounds produced by your body but are also found in many foods. They help to support heart health, protect our skin, and boost our immune system.
Another benefit of Oregano oil is supporting healthy digestion. Oregano oil’s high content of carvacrol and thymol can help calm down an unhappy stomach and is a fantastic additive to your favorite meal.
- Put two to three drops of Oregano in a veggie capsule to help maintain a healthy immune system.
- Add 10 drops to a spray bottle full of water for a last-minute counter spray.
- Add one drop of Oregano essential oil in place of one tablespoon ground oregano to a favorite Italian dish.
- Oregano supports healthy digestion.
- It supports healthy respiratory function.
- It may help to support a healthy immune system.
- This essential oil can be used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent.
- Dilute Oregano with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply it to the skin.
- It promotes a clean and healthy mouth when used topically.
- Oregano may help to promote a positive mood.
- It can calm the nervous system.
- It may be relaxing to the musculoskeletal system.
- It supports healthy liver function.
- Along with better dietary and exercise patterns, Oregano can contribute to better overall health and wellness.
- It supports the health of the cardiovascular system.
- It provides a powerful antioxidant support.
- Add a few drops of Oregano to Fractionated Coconut Oil as part of a soothing massage.
- Oregano blends well with Bergamot, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon, Rosemary, and Thyme.
Internal Use of Essential Oils
There are many different brands of essential oils on the market. Whether an essential oil is safe to take internally depends on the following:
- Sourcing and Purity of the oil – If the oil is not pure and has contaminants, then you could end up doing more harm than good. That is why it is important to know whether proper testing has been performed. Testing techniques can analyze the constituents in the oil. Gas chromatography (GC) is a technique that provides a fingerprint of the oil and can reveal additives. A mass spectrometer (MS) can measure the presence and quantity of chemical constituents that give essential oils their therapeutic benefits. Look for a brand that’s sourcing and testing is transparent, so you know your oils are pure.
- The Type of Essential Oil – Many oils are not meant to be taken internally. For example, Wintergreen essential oil consumption is dangerous due to the presence of menthyl salicylate.
- The Health and Age of the Person – Some oils should not be taken by children or pregnant women as they contain hormonal components.
Immune Boosting Protocol with Oregano Essential Oil:
If you are looking to boost your immune system and want to use oregano essential oil internally, then I first recommend consulting an Essential Oil Expert or Holistic Health Practitioner. If deemed safe for your particular health situation, here is a protocol that I found helpful:
- 1 drop in a veggie capsule, taken with food for 14 days.
Please note: I do not recommend taking oregano oil without putting it in a veggie capsule because it is a “hot” oil.
Would you like a complimentary consult on how to use essential oils for your specific health concerns? Click here to schedule today.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.