A Fun (and Healthy!) Activity for You & Your Kids
My daughter and I recently made this essential oil lip balm and she wanted to make sure ‘we got the word out’ about just how awesome they are!
I love this because it’s not only something fun my daughter and I can do together, but I know exactly what I am putting on our lips. This essential oil lip balm recipe is great for chapped lips, especially when outdoor sports and winter start.
With your guidance, your children can learn how to make their own orange creamsicle lip balms to use and show off. Look how easy this is:
- 1/2 ounce beeswax
- 1/2 ounce coconut oil
- 1/4 ounce shea butter
- 1/4 ounce cocoa butter
- 30 drops Wild Orange essential oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Lip balm containers
- Place everything, but Wild Orange essential oil and vanilla extract into glass measuring cup or bowl.
- Fill large saucepan with 1-1.5 inches of water. Bring to boil.
- Once boiling, place glass measuring cup in center of saucepan.
- Stir every few minutes until ingredients have melted and are combined.
- Once all wax is melted, remove from heat and let sit 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and Wild Orange essential oil.
- Pour mixture into lip balm containers and let cool.
PLEASE take pictures of your final products and share them with me!
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.