Can These Diffuser Blends Keep Your Family Healthy this Season?
My 10 year old daughter loves essential oils as much as I do. And lately she’s enjoyed creating diffuser blend recipes for our home. Here are the ones that I’ve shared so far:
- Diffuser Blend for Spring & Summer
- Energizing & Calming Diffuser Blends
- Back to School Diffuser Blends
While we still have the back to school ones going in our house, she has come up with the following recipes for fall and winter.
What I love about these is that she’s used specific essential oils that are perfect for making sure everyone in your home boosts their immune system, and stays healthy this cold/flu season. And they smell great too!
Here are some of the health benefits of each of the essential oils she has used:
- Bergamot – prevent and fights infections, it can also relieve the stress and anxiety of the holiday season.
- Black pepper – protects the body from damages done by oxidants (free radicals) and also helps to repair those damages that have already been done.
- Cassia – an antimicrobial and antiviral agent that protects you from viral diseases, such as the flu, cough, and common cold.
- Cinnamon bark – loaded with antioxidants, which help protect your body from free radicals. Also fight helps fight infections and repair tissue damage.
- Frankincense – an antiseptic and disinfectant agent that has antimicrobial effects.
- Ginger – helps treat nausea, fight fungal infections, and may inhibit cancer growth.
- Lavender – treats anxiety and fungal infections.
- Peppermint – relieves indigestion, and provides relief from cold and congestion. Peppermint is also great if you have a headache or sore muscles.
- OnGuard – has positive effects on the immune system and can help protect against adverse environmental and seasonal issues.
- Rosemary – has analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antirheumatic, antispasmodic, diuretic, expectorant, hepatoprotective, and carminative properties.
- Wintergreen – fights inflammation, also has the ability to act like a natural analgesic (pain reducer), antiarthritic, antiseptic and astringent.
- Whisper – has calming and hydrating properties, and provides a great aroma.
My advice for essential oils is always to verify that they are 100% pure oils. doTERRA oils are carefully and thoroughly tested using the strict CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® quality protocol. Read more here as to why I recommend doTERRA oils (and which essential oils every mom should have).
If you would like more information, click here to schedule a free consultation.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.