A hamburger recipe you won’t feel guilty enjoying.
Check out some of Laura’s other amazing recipes here.
Lentil Hamburger Recipe
- 3 cups cooked lentils
- 1 onion
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 1 package of mushrooms
- 3 big handfuls of spinach
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- Garlic powder
- Tarragon or turmeric (optional)
- Sea or pink salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup corn meal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place onions, carrots and mushrooms in a food processor and finely chop.
- Chop spinach by hand.
- Melt one tablespoon of coconut oil, butter or ghee in a skillet, add chopped veggies except for spinach and sauté until tender.
- Once softened add mustard and spinach, then generously sprinkle with garlic powder and salt. If you like tarragon or turmeric you can add that in. However, just pick one. You’ll use about a tablespoon of dried tarragon or a teaspoon of the turmeric.
- Place cooked lentils in a large bowl and season with the garlic and salt.
- Add the sautéed veggies to the lentils along with the eggs and corn meal thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- You can taste the mixture and add more seasoning if you want just remember there is raw egg in the mixture so decide if that’s ok for you.
- Using your hands, form into patties and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Mixture will feel wet, it’s ok This will make about 10 burgers.
- Bake 15-18 minutes then flip and bake another 8-10. The color should be golden and patties should hold together when you turn them.
- Top with sliced or mashed avocado.
Note: As always, consider organic ingredients when you can. I suggest using organic cornmeal because any conventional brand will be produced with GMO corn. Organic or pastured eggs are also a good choice.
About Laura Hamby:
Laura Hamby studied at The Institute For Integrative Nutrition and is a certified holistic health coach.
She raises her family on clean food and believes keeping a stocked kitchen and cooking regularly are the keys to eating healthy. Laura teaches others how easily they too can adopt this philosophy. By explaining the principles of power cooking and teaching how to shop for healthier versions of conventional foods, she is helping families eat better.
In the DFW area? Contact Laura to learn how to navigate the grocery store and discover how to shop for healthier versions of your favorite foods. Laura will meet you at your favorite grocery store! She can also provides cooking lessons to teach you how to cook healthy AND cook once and eat for a week! Give her a call and learn how easily you can prepare quick, healthy food for the whole family.
You can reach Laura at Thefoodandfitnesscoach@gmail.com or 972-743-7726.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.