Did You Know Essential Oils Can Penetrate the Cell Membrane to Improve Your Cellular Health?
As many of you know, my husband is a brain cancer survivor.
I have shared some of the ways he continues to improve his health, including this cancer-fighting smoothie recipe that he drinks regularly. Today I am sharing how he uses essential oils to strengthen his immune system, prevent inflammation and continue fighting cancer.
It’s important to remember that essential oils have been used for at least 5,000 years. Also known as aromatic oils, they had been a part of many religious and medical purposes in countries like Egypt, China, India, Greece, Rome and Persia.
According to the National Cancer Institute, essential oils are now used to improve the quality of life in cancer patients. Topical application of oils “may exert antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic effects”.
Essential Oils for Cellular Health
There are many essential oils that can be beneficial to someone in the fight. And depending on the person, the cancer, and the stage of cancer – it can become an art developing targeted essential oil blends to add to a custom and comprehensive anti-cancer protocol. So it can be beneficial to work with a Certified Essential Oils Coach.
Here are just some off the essential oils that my husband uses and how he blends them to work synergistically for his health.
- Frankincense – fights inflammation, enhances circulation and relieves symptoms of joint pain or muscle pain. Studies have also shown that frankincense has immune-enhancing abilities, which can help fight dangerous bacteria, viruses and even cancers. This is why I always say, when in doubt, use Frankincense. According to the website, The Truth About Cancer:
A 2013 study by University of Leicester researchers indicated that frankincense contains a compound AKBA (acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid) that targets cancer cells, including ovarian, brain, breast, colon, pancreatic, prostate, and stomach cancers.
- Clove – clove is known for its anti-fungal, antioxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-tumoral, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory properties. Researchers who have studied clove oil have found it has the ability to kill cancer cells, but also is a natural cancer preventer.
- Lemongrass – contains key nutrient compounds that present powerful antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer potential.
- Lavender – “lavender essential oil contains the phytochemicals perillyl alcohol and linalool, both found to support cancer healing” (source). Lavender oil also supports a healthy function of your immune system.
- Myrrh – initial research has found that myrrh inhibited growth in different types of cancer cells, specifically gynecological cancers.
- Sandalwood – sandalwood has been used for centuries as an anti-inflammatory, expectorant, aphrodisiac, and memory booster. It’s also being studied for its properties that kill off cancer cells.
- Helichrysum – another versatile essential oil, helichrysum is great for supporting your immune system and preventing inflammation. Also, studies found helichrysum to be effective at protecting against DNA damage, cell mutation and death, and cancerous tumor growth.
- Melissa – has been shown clinically to help with brain tumors like glioblastoma.
Essential Oil Blends
Using the above oils, these are the blends that I recommend. Each of the blends are made for a 10 ml roller bottle.
15 drops each: Frankincense, Clove, fill rest of bottle with fractionated coconut oil.
15 drops each: Lemongrass, Helichrysum, Myrrh, fill rest of bottle with fractionated coconut oil.
15 drops each: Sandalwood, Lavender, Melissa oils, fill rest of bottle with fractionated coconut oil.
Note: with each blend simply roll the blend onto the place on the feet that corresponds to area of concern (see chart below) and also roll directly onto the area of concern. For example, for breast cancer, you will roll these blends onto the breasts up to 3 times per day as well as on the area of the feet corresponding to the chest. You can also use these blends aromatically in a diffuser. It’s important to rotate the blend you are using every 2 weeks so that your body doesn’t become used to it – making it less effective.
As always, be sure to consult a qualified practitioner or certified essential oils coach on how to use essential oils safely and effectively for your health. Information from Leann is only a guide and be sure to discontinue use if any adverse reactions occur and consult your physician immediately. Please take special caution using oils in conjunction with medications, during pregnancy, and with children under 6. Leann is happy to provide a free 15 minute phone consult that you can schedule here: http://ow.ly/x3mA30ge1xu.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.