Can Essential Oils Be Medicinal?
Check out my video “Essential Oils 101: What they are & why you should care” here:
I love helping people make their lives healthier. And I firmly believe in trying nature-made remedies before turning to pharmaceutical, man-made drugs.
The simple fact is that our current healthcare system is designed to manage symptoms and not get to the root cause of the health issue. And many diseases can be controlled with lifestyle, diet and environment.
When you research disease rates, the numbers will astonish you. Sure everyone knows someone with cancer, but when you realize that 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will get cancer, it’s downright scary.
And that’s not all; here are some other statistics:
- The World Health Organization (WHO) says that in the next 2 decades, cancer rates are expected to climb over 70%.
- 43% of children in the U.S. have a chronic illness. These illnesses include autism, ADHD, and other developmental disabilities.
- ADHD is so common that it affects 6.4 million children.
- 40 million of adults suffer from anxiety.
It amazes me why we’re just simply accepting these numbers as the new normal.
Side Effects of Pharmaceutical Medication
When you go to your doctor with any symptoms, chances are they will diagnose you with some disease, write you a prescription and send you on your merry way.
Again, this has become the norm and we need to stop and ask more questions.
The truth of the matter is that ALL prescription medications cause side effects. We’ve all seen the small pamphlet the meds come with and we’ve watched the commercials that quickly list the side effects. But we take our chances because it’s from a doctor.
Many prescriptions trigger side effects because of their chemical structure. They range from drowsiness, itching, an upset stomach, to something more serious, like internal bleeding.
I remember my doctor wanting to prescribe me a medication, but I expressed concern about the nausea side effect and his response was “well, we’ll just prescribe you an anti-nausea drug”. Annnnd…that drug had side effects too. We need to STOP THE INSANITY!
Should You Consider Natural Alternatives?
The beauty with most natural alternatives for medication is that they rarely have side effects. And the first natural choice I grab before any other, are essential oils. Especially Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® (CPTG) oils from doTERRA.
Something that many people do not realize is that antibiotics cannot penetrate your cell membranes (which is why they aren’t prescribed for viruses; viruses live inside the cell membrane). However, because essential oils are small molecularly, they CAN penetrate the cellular membrane.. And when essential oils are used properly, they will work with your body to address the root of your health on a cellular level.
Top 10 Essential Oils for Health & Healing
- Lemon – primarily used for cleansing and detoxifying. The best part about lemon oil is that it can do both of these for both the body and home. I love to diffuse this in my house.
- Peppermint – when you’re experiencing an upset stomach or nausea, grab the peppermint oil. It also supports respiratory function (actually works like Vicks Vapor Rub). Put a drop on the back of your neck to cool your body or put some on your temples for a headache.
- Lavender – use for a perfect night’s sleep or when you’re trying to wind down for the day. Lavender is great for relaxing your mind and body. It also can help soothe skin irritation.
- Frankincense – improves cellular health, reduces signs of aging, balances your mood and hormones, and enhances brain function. All of that is why we always say “when in doubt, use Frankincense”.
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca) – this oil has anti-fungal properties. You can also use it in your shampoo for a healthy scalp and it prevents lice (which is huge for moms with kids in elementary school!). Use some in your lotion to nourish skin, and prevent skin irritations.
- Oregano – now this is a powerful oil, so don’t ingest it without putting it in a capsule. But it has amazing antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Breathe – this respiratory blend provides respiratory support, and can help break up congestion.
- Deep Blue – this is a soothing blend best used for aches and pains. It will help soothe your muscles.
- On Guard – this protective blend is a must for the winter months. It cleans the air, boosts immunity, and supports antioxidant defense
- Digest Zen – use this proprietary formula to support your GI tract. It can also reduce bloating fast!
Get started with your own wholesale essential oils account. Click here for details!
If you liked my webinar, you’ll love this DIY from Got Oil Supplies for using essential oils to make your own Vapor Rub. And, they’ve included a free printable label template as a bonus!
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.