Diffuse These Blends to Stay Healthy This Winter
One of my favorite things to do in the winter is to diffuse essential oils.
When the sniffles and coughs start up in our house, I like knowing that I have therapeutic essential oils to help get everyone’s health back on track.
Essential oils are plant-based compounds that have medicinal properties which can boost immunity, calm a cough, reduce a fever, combat infections, reduce inflammation, and more.
Immune Boosting Essential Oils
Here are the oils that I recommend:
- Peppermint – has significant antimicrobial and antiviral activities, strong antioxidant and anti-tumor actions, and some antiallergenic potential.
- Wild Orange – most commonly used for digestive and immune support, as well as skin health (source).
- Cassia – properties include anti-diarrhea, source). , , anti-rheumatic, anti-arthritic, astringent, and antiviral (
- Cinnamon – contains cinnamaldehyde, which has been found to reduce inflammation and act as an antimicrobial.
- Frankincense – one of the most versatile oils, frankincense is great for boosting your mood, improving concentration, preventing illness, promoting healthy cell proliferation, and soothing sore muscles (source).
- Lavender – used mainly to calm your mind and help you get some sleep, you can also use lavender to improve your immune system, stop headaches, reduce pain, and improve digestion.
- Rosemary – has antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties and is a great oil to clean the air in your home.
- Eucalyptus – relieves symptoms of the common cold and respiratory conditions because it’s a natural antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory (source).
- Cedarwood – has a pain killing and antiseptic effect, also has antioxidant properties (source).
- Bergamot – great for soothing the nerves and reducing nervous tension, anxiety, and stress, all of which can help cure ailments associated with stress such as high blood pressure, insomnia, and depression (source).
- Siberian Fir – purifies the air and protects against environmental threats.
- Cardamom – assists with gastrointestinal and respiratory health (source).
- Clove – has anti-inflammatory agents, which will help ease the inflammation and also have a cooling effect
- Lemon – you’ve heard that drinking lemon water is a great way to start your day. Well that’s because lemon is very effective at cleansing the liver as it promotes flushing out toxins. Click here to read more health benefits.
- Grapefruit – improves heart rate, stress levels, blood pressure, breathing, and immune function.
- Ginger – used to treat nausea, upset stomach, menstrual disorders, inflammation and respiratory conditions.
Diffuser Blend Recipes
Here are some amazing diffuser blend recipes that you can save to your Pinterest boards:
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.